Friday, September 09, 2005

Pizza Guys and Lawn Chairs?

Once again, I drove by the local pizza place to see that kiddie pools are no longer cool to sit in, but that the new fad is to sit on a reclining lawn chair. I strongly believe that these guys are trying to get a tan before winter approaches . I can't help but to just laugh out loud out them. Not because I am making fun of them, but because they bring a sense of light-heartedness to my day. I always mention the guys to Ryan and he says that I am obsessed. Okay, so maybe I can't help myself from looking in their direction when I am driving down the road, but how could I resist looking at two guys sitting in a kiddie pool, or in this case, on a lawn chair, holding signs encouraging us to buy their pizza? I guess you could say that I am obsessed with something that makes smile and laugh and feel joy! Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone could feel this kind of joy all of the time? They can! All they have to do is know God. If the answer is that simple, then why don't people flock to him? If you know God, then you know what kind of joy I am talking about.And if you don't, remember how you feel the next time you drive by and see those pizza guys sitting out front. Take that feeling and multiply it by infinity. That's God!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

ha we have cool dreams.. =-P

9:03 PM  
Blogger The Butterfields said...

Hey Jess,
A little worried about the pizza pool obsession. LOL
But gotta say we look to see what they are doing too.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home