Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pizza Guys and Kiddy Pools

Shortly after naming my blogspot "Things that make me go hmmm....", I drove by one of our many pizza places to see a teenage guy holding the sign trying to encourage people to buy their pizza. Now, first of all, this was a different guy than the two usuals. Secondly, he wasn't standing and holding the sign, he was sitting......in a kiddy pool, shaking his head to the beat of whatever might have been pumping out of those headphones he was also wearing. I wasn't having a bad day, but that kid made me smile and laugh and just enjoy that moment. And even if it had been a bad day, I don't think that I could have held back my smile and laughter.
Sometimes the little things like a pizza guy in a kiddy pool reminds me that our good has a sense of humor. I remember talking about God's sense of humor with my mom when I was younger. We talked about whether or not the need to actually have a belly button was necessary. And zits? Surely God could have thought of a better way to clear your pores of dirt and grime. I could go on......but I won't. I believe that God needs to laugh and be able to enjoy His creation and I think that He purposely planted that pizza guy in that little kiddy pool to make me enjoy, even for that brief moment, what He has created.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

I love you! It looks good!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Hey Jesse,

I saw that pizza guy today. And, it made me laugh too. At least they're letting that poor guy get cooled off.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home